Hello, my friends!
Unfortunately, I don’t have any exciting workout updates for you today. (Also, I’m not certain that those are ever “exciting,” per se.)
I had quite a packed day and spent the morning running around like a chicken with its head cut off as I tried to knock a couple of errands off of my to-do list.
Needless to say, I don’t have a ton to update you on today period, so instead of a recap of my day, we’re going to talk about the calendar that I made last night!
I’m sure that you are all familiar with Shutterfly. I’ve heard a lot about this website throughout the last few years, but until yesterday, I had never used it myself.
I love pictures. I take pictures of everything (including food, since I began this blog!), but now that they’re all digital, I rarely print any of them out. I often flip through my pictures on my various devices, but that’s just not the same as seeing the real deal! When I was in college, I made it a yearly tradition to make picture collages with 12 x 12 pages of scrapbook paper that I covered in some of my favorite photos of friends, family, pets and places. Seeing those hanging on my wall would cheer me up with the going got rough. As cheesy as it sounds, seeing my friends’ goofy, smiling faces reminded me that I was never alone and reminded me to count my blessings.
So last night, as I tried to come up with a way to incorporate some more recent pictures into my daily life, I decided to hop over to Shutterfly and put together a desk calendar for myself!
I had far too much fun selecting special pictures and fun little backgrounds to piece together. 🙂
I also decided to incorporate a quote on each page.
So here’s a not-so-dirty, dirty little secret: I love motivational quotes. I have always loved them and when I find one that’s extra good, or speaks to me for one reason or another, it makes me very happy! My freshman year, I had the Dr. Seuss quote “Be who you are and say what you think, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” plastered to my wall. It sounds silly, but it greeted me every morning and reminded me to stay true to myself even in the face of outrageous pressure to be someone very different from that.
In my perusing, I found some quotes that are definite keepers and I thought I’d share them with you! Hopefully something speaks to ya. If not, well then, at least you’ve had your daily (weekly? monthly? yearly?!) dose of motivation. 😉 At the very least, this is all very fitting for my life mission of 2013 which is working to be the best person I can possibly be.
- “Happiness is not something ready made, it comes from your own actions.” Dalai Lama
- “Happiness is when what you say, what you think, and what you do are in harmony.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.” Rumi
- “Believe in impossible things.” Source unknown/ one of my favorite daily mantras, but I’m sure I didn’t make it up so let’s call it “source unknown.”
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” Dalai Lama
- “Always desire to learn something useful.” Sophocles
- “I have never had a policy; I just try to do my best each and every day.” Abraham Lincoln
- “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” Dalai Lama
- “Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.” Henry David Thoreau
- “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” Albert Einstein
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt
- “Give light and people will find the way.” Ella Baker
Quite a range of thinkers there, but for one reason or another, each line popped out to me and made it onto my new calendar that should be in the mail soon!
I hope you had a fantastic day and I will talk to you all tomorrow for Fashionista Friday!