So I figured that the first few 5KCB posts would be ones to help you get to know me a little better. Today I decided that I’d introduce you to my Fitness Bucket List and also encourage you to make your own!
This all started a few years ago when I first started karate and decided that I wanted to earn a black belt (still do! Just need to find the time to train regularly!) Since then, I’ve added lots of things (completing a triathlon, for example) and subtracted a couple (like completing the p90x program). I think that a list of goals can be really helpful and encouraging for any fitness routine (or life in general!) Someday, I’ll share my other one that isn’t centered around fitness and athletic pursuits.
Take some time to make your own! It can actually be quite fun and who doesn’t love checking things off of a list?? No need to make it crazy. If you’ve always wanted to take a walk around your neighborhood at sunrise but have never convinced yourself to get up that early, throw it on there! Whatever would make you feel happy and accomplished when you finish it should be on your list! Any goal, big or small.
Here’s what I have so far. I’d love to hear what’s on yours! I’m always adding to mine!
Brittany’s Fitness Bucket List
- Run a 5k
- Earn my black belt
- Teach a group exercise class
- Take a downhill skiing lesson (maybe? SCARED!)
- Take a boot camp class
- Coach a team
- Earn personal training certification
- Go cross-country skiing
- Run in a “Rock ‘n Roll” half marathon (these look so fun! The one in Las Vegas is at night!!)
- Learn technical swimming skills
- Participate in a relay triathalon
- Run in the Mackinac Island half-marathon
- Write an article for Fitness Magazine